Request Letters of Recommendation
Requests to send teacher and/or counselor letters of recommendation are processed through the Counseling Office.
For Current Students:
Current students must make requests through Naviance AND complete the Google form. Both steps are required in order for counselors to send letters of recommendation. Due to the many roles and responsibilities of our administrative assistants and school counselors, our office may need up to five (5) days to process letters of recommendation. Letters of recommendation will be sent electronically through Naviance eDocs when applicable or through traditional mail if no other means are available.
How to request a letter of recommendation:
1. Complete or update the Information for Recommendations survey in Naviance (About Me --> My Surveys).
2. Make a request for a letter of recommendation to the teacher in person; allow them 2 to 3 weeks to write a strong letter. Please note that many Common App schools require a letter of recommendation from your school counselor.
3. If the teacher agrees to write the letter, then make a formal request in Naviance. Go to the "Colleges I'm Applying to" section, and at the bottom of the page, there is a link to the Letters of Recommendation section. From here, click the blue box in the top right corner titled "Add Request".
4. Complete the FERPA waiver for Naviance and on Common App (if applicable).
5. Submit the Letter of Recommendation Send Request Form for the 2020-2021 school year found by clicking here. This form tells your counselor which teachers' letters you want sent to which institution and in what order of preference. This is important in the event that a school you’ve applied to limits the number of letters that you are allowed to submit.
6. Allow five business days for the Counseling Office to process the request after the teacher has uploaded their letter of recommendation.