SHS students have the ability to participate in the HACC Academy during their Senior year. Through the HACC Academy program, students can attend the HACC: York campus for a high school internship training program. Students may apply for a program in one of the following areas: Automotive Technology, Nurse Aide, or Welding Technology. In doing so, students will take courses at HACC which align with the introduction courses for HACC's Associates in Applied Science in Automotive Technology, Nurse Aid Training, or Welding Technology Certificate programs.
To participate in the HACC Academy a student must meet eligibility requirements, adhere to a specific dress code, and commit to regular daily attendance.
- Students must provide their own transportation to and from HACC, as classes are in the afternoon.
- Counselors will adjust student schedules to accommodate travel time and the class time.
- Once accepted and approved, students cannot drop the course.
- The grade earned in the course is added to the Susquehannock High School transcript for 1-3 credits.
- Though SHS will pay the tuition fees for students to attend HACC Academy, there may be incidental costs that the student must incur such as uniforms, boots, etc.