New Student Registration

  • We welcome you to the Southern York County School District!  At Southern, we believe that students learn best by experiencing real-world lessons. This is where 21st century skills like communication, collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking are learned through hands-on experience. 

    We support the belief that it is important for students to be able to express their ideas and accept others’ differences to succeed in the 21st century workforce. Therefore, we foster a classroom environment where students feel safe to share ideas and where civil discourse is encouraged. 


    In order to register your child in the Southern York County School District, you must be a resident of and living in the Southern York County School District. If you are uncertain which school your child should attend, please reference the “District Attendance Map” link on the left.

    Completing the enrollment forms (posted below) prior to your enrollment appointment will help expedite your child’s enrollment process. Please print out the forms. After they are printed, you may complete them and bring the completed paperwork with you to your appointment.

    At the time of enrollment, you must have the following:

    1. Birth Certificate
    2. Two (2) valid proofs of residency such as a driver's license with correct address, copy of your rental agreement or mortgage settlement sheet, utility bill in your name with correct address, insurance bill in your name with correct address, etc.
    3. If you are not a biological parent the following is required - Court order stating that the party, with whom the student resides, has sole custody or guardianship of the child, with all legal and educational rights and is raising the child “gratis,” as if the child were their own child. This means without support from the biological parents. OR if a court order is not available, the family may provide a signed affidavit (notarized), stating that the child is living with the party with parental permission. In addition, they must provide proof that they are raising the child “gratis”, by providing a copy of their Federal tax return, on which they declare the child as a dependent, and any other documents demonstrating that they are the payees on any state or federal benefits for the child (ex. SSI payee for the child). The party enrolling the child may not be receiving child support from the parents for the child, as they would not be considered as raising the child “gratis.”
    4. Report card and transcripts from previous school, if applicable. Also, if your child is receiving any special services such as special education, please provide pertinent information including a psychological and IEP. This paperwork is needed so the counselor can place your child in the appropriate classes.
    5. Immunization record
    6. All enrollment forms must be completed and returned to the office including appropriate health and emergency care forms. 

    Please call your child’s school directly to schedule your enrollment appointment or with any questions you may have.