SUSQUEHANNOCK HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION PROJECT
The Graduation Project is a major task that must be completed successfully as part of the students’ graduation requirements. Students are required to work with guidance and faculty to complete the project.
In conjunction with the Career Seminar course and Advisor/Advisee Program, students will complete tasks that aid in career exploration. Those tasks include two field experiences, development of a career plan, and a presentation of the students’ research.
The goal of the project is to assure that students are able to apply, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate career information and communicate their knowledge and understanding of their researched career(s).
GRADUATION PROJECT CRITERIA
Successful completion of the following:
1. Career Seminar course
2. Two Field Experiences – Job Shadow, Career Fair, Education Visit, and/or Education Fair
3. Career Plan and Résumé
4. Oral Presentation and Portfolio Submission
GRADUATION GUIDELINES AND REQUIREMENTS
1. Project may be completed any time beginning in grade 10 with the Career Seminar course, but no later than by the end of the first semester of grade 12.
2. Project must demonstrate the student’s understanding of his or her chosen career path.
3. The student must thoroughly complete the Graduation Checklist and have appropriate signatures of completion.
4. Grading will be as follows: