Special Curriculum Features
Detailed information about the Susquehannock Curriculum can be found in the course selection guide found on the Guidance Office home page. Parents should be particularly aware of the following special features:
- Honors Courses are offered in English 9, 10, Algebra II, Pre-Calculus with Trigonometry, Physics and Chemistry.
- Advanced Placement (AP) courses are offered in English 12, US History, Human Geography, US Government and Politics, Psychology, European History, Statistics, Calculus (AB) and (BC), Computer Science A, Physics (B), Biology, Chemistry and Environmental Science.
- Pre-AP courses are offered in US History 9 and English 11.
- Independent Study is available to those students who qualify.
- Dual Enrollment is offered in partnership with area colleges; qualifying juniors and seniors have the opportunity to earn college credit while completing high school graduation requirements.
- On-line courses, not offered by Susquehannock, are available on a fee basis as electives. Examples include: Anthropology, Sociology and German. Participation requires administrative approval.
- York County School of Technology Enrollment is available to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Juniors and seniors may apply for admission to the Tech Prep program or Flex Block courses.
- Work Experience through the Diversied Occupation program is available to seniors and includes an off-site, supervised, work-study experience. Students may also participate in Your Employability Skills (YES) certification programs in their senior year.
- Successful completion of the Career Seminar course will prepare students to complete the state-required graduation project.