Summer/Enrichment Programs are an exciting way to spend some of your time during the Summer where you can get to experience life on a college campus, explore new and exciting fields you may want to pursue as a college major, make friendships with students from around the globe and, perhaps, even earn college credit for the courses you take. Additionally, Summer/Enrichment Programs offer the following benefits…
- Get exposure to college-level experiences in a field that you’re interested in and learn what colleges are looking for.
- Participate in hands-on and practical academic activities.
- Bolsters your general admissions résumé for all schools you apply to.
- You can spend time on the campus of a college that you’re thinking about.
- You could potentially meet with the same professors that you would work with at that college in that program.
- Participation can help your profile for admissions by demonstrating an added level of interest to the college.
- Meeting students from different schools, regions, states, and countries.
- Previewing the college experience (i.e. dorms, cafeteria, campus activities, etc.).
There are thousands of Summer/Enrichment Programs throughout the country and hundreds along the east coast. We have compiled a list of over 100 Summer/Enrichment Programs in the Mid-Atlantic Region that you may be eligible for. These programs will relate to over 25 different potential majors including Engineering, Nursing, Psychology, Theatre, Computer Science, Video Game Design and many, many more. If the idea of attending a Summer/Enrichment Program interests you, you should act NOW!
You can find this list of Summer/Enrichment Programs, their deadlines, and all relevant information on Naviance. Click on “Colleges” at the top of the homepage, scroll down and click on ‘enrichment programs.’
If there is a program that you’re interested in please let your school counselor know, so that they can assist you with any additional steps to apply for the enrichment program.