SAT Subject Tests
- Administered by The College Board based in Princeton, NJ
- 20 multiple-choice content-based standardized tests given by the College Board on individual subjects.
- The SHS School Counseling Department recommends students take a subject test – if necessary – in May or June following the conclusion of the related course.
- Not all schools recommend or require these exams. Rather, they’re recommended or required for consideration as part of the application process for more selective schools such as an Ivy League or US News “Top 20” school.
- Extended testing time and/or other accommodations may be available. However, you must apply eight (8) weeks in advance of your first testing date. See your school counselor or the College Board website for more information.
- SAT Subject Tests take a total of 1 hour per test.
- Students may take upwards of 3 tests in one sitting.
- $ 26.00 Registration Fee
- $ 22.00 per Subject Test during your registered sitting.
- $26.00 for Language Tests with Listening
- $29.00 Late Fee
- Scaled from 200 - 800
Testing Dates (2018-19)
- August 25, 2018 – register by July 27, 2018
- November 3, 2018 – register by October 5, 2018
- December 1, 2018 – register by November 2, 2018
- (Administered at SHS)
- May 4, 2019 – register by April 5, 2019
- June 1, 2019 – register by May 17, 2019
Registering For The Exam
- Register Online at www.collegeboard.org.
- Also available on the site is additional information and practice opportunities.
- You must submit a photo with your registration for the SAT.
- This photo will be a part of your Admission Ticket
On Testing Date
- Arrive on time.
- If you’re late you will not be admitted into the testing site.
- Bring a Photo ID, Admission Ticket, Calculator, and #2 Wooden Pencils
- Mechanical pencils are not allowed!