During the month of February, we had students compete in the Regional Spelling Bee and Math Counts competitions. Once again, our students made SMS proud by their overall performance in both of these competitions. SMS hosted our annual talent show. We saw solo acts of singing, playing the electric viola, piano, sock puppets and the human beat box. We could not be more proud of our students for their courage to perform their acts in front of the entire student body!
I would like to congratulate SMS for coming in 1st place in the secondary school division for the annual Battle of the Buildings. A huge thank you to all the students and their parents for cheering us on to victory!
All scheduling information was sent home to parents regarding course recommendations and requests for the 2019-2020 school year. Once these recommendation sheets are returned to the school, we will begin to build the master schedule for the next school year. Our goal is to provide a schedule to meet the needs of each of our students.
Below are some other important dates for March 2019:
- Monday, March 4th: Start of Spring Sports
- Thursday, March 7th: Trimester 2 ends
- Friday, March 8th: Trimester 3 starts
- Friday, March 8th: Early Dismissal at 11:44 am
- Wednesday, March 13th: PTSO Meeting at 6:30 pm
- Friday, March 15th: 7th-8th Grade Dance from 7:00-9:00 pm
- Monday, March 18th: PTSO Fundraiser Orders Due
- Friday, March 22nd: End of 3rd Marking Period
- Tuesday, March 26th: All District Orchestra Concert at 7:00 pm-SHS
- Friday, March 29th: Early Dismissal at 11:44 am
School will be in session on Wednesday, April 17th and Monday, April 22nd. The PSSAs will begin on April 23rd. A parent letter with specific dates as well as the Pennsylvania Department of Education’s policy on electronic devices is also included in this month’s newsletter. This information will be shared with all students prior to the assessments in April.
Have a great Spring or not, the choice is yours!
Dr. Len Reppert
Follow SMS on Twitter@WarriorsSMS