General District Frequently Asked Questions
What time does school begin and end for students?
- Susquehannock High School begins at 7:45 a.m. and concludes at 2:44 p.m.
- Southern Middle School begins at 7:45 a.m. and concludes at 2:40 p.m.
- Friendship, Shrewsbury, and Southern Elementary Schools begin at 8:50 a.m. and conclude at 3:30 p.m. Students may be transported to the elementary schools after 8:35 a.m. Supervision prior to this time in not available.
- Early dismissal times are 11:44 a.m. for Secondary and 12:30 p.m. for Elementary.
What are school office hours?
- District Administration 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Elementary Schools 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Secondary Schools 7:15 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.
- Summer Hours - Monday-Thursday (all buildings) 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
What do cafeteria meals cost?
- Meal prices are posted here.
- Families may apply for free and reduced meals at schoolcafe.com or click here to download an application.
Where does my child get the bus?
- Bus information for students is available in Sapphire. For your convenience, bus routes will be posted online sometime after August 11. No bus changes may be made for 10 days after the start of school. All requests for new stops or changes must be sent to the SYCSD Transportation Department in writing.
Where can I view my child’s student handbook?
- A link is provided on each school’s website that will direct you to the student handbook specific for your child’s level.