We are excited to welcome families of incoming kindergarten students to Southern York County School District! We look forward to working in partnership with you to help your child learn and grow.
At this time, we are beginning a preliminary registration of children in our school district who will be eligible to enter Kindergarten in August 2020. The admission of students to Kindergarten for the 2020-21 school year is limited to those children who are five years old on or before August 31, 2020. If you feel that your child is not ready for school, you are encouraged to contact your child’s building principal to discuss your concerns. Even though your child may meet the age requirements for Kindergarten, under state law you do not have to send your child to school at this time.
Families with children attending kindergarten next year who have not already registered should do so by clicking this link: https://pasyc-sapphire.k12system.com/CommunityWebPortal/Welcome.cfm.
Those who have already filled out the online registration, please upload the following documents and send them to the appropriate building office listed below. Pictures of documents are fine.
- Proof of Age (birth certificate, hospital records, passport, or notarized statement of age)
- Two forms of proof of residence (driver's license, car registration, utility bill, lease)
- Health History Form - See Link Below
Send documents to:
Friendship Elementary School
Southern Elementary School
Shrewsbury Elementary School
State law requires that before entering school, all children must have completed the following immunizations. Please contact your physician for a copy. Your child may not be admitted to school until these requirements are met.
- 4 doses of tetanus, diphtheria and acellular pertussis (one dose on or after 4th birthday)
- 4 doses of polio (4th dose on or after 4th birthday and at least 6 months after previous dose given)
- 2 doses of measles, mumps and rubella
- 3 doses of hepatitis B given at properly spaced intervals
- 2 doses of varicella (chicken pox) or history of immunity
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions at all. We look forward to having you join our Southern York County School District family!